Wednesday, June 13, 2007

All the legal stuff!

It's official!! The papers have been signed and we are really and truly the parents of this beautiful little girl.
C even came by on her way out of the hospital to say goodbye and see Kyla again. It's often really hard for birthmothers to see the baby again so we are thrilled that she was interested and it seems like we'll stay in touch with her even after we go home, which is wonderful.

We are totally amazed that this adoption has gone so smoothly. There is very little that could go wrong at this point. Now we just have to raise a happy little girl! :)

6 comments:

Samantha said...

Hooray! I'm glad this is going so smoothly!

tinak said...

That's wonderful news! Not to be the bearer of bad news, but raising a happy little girl may not go as smoothly as you think. Just kidding, well only half kidding. You two will make great parents. Now the fun really begins.

Amy said...

What more can we say than: CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You two will be wonderful - WONDERFUL parents.

-amy

aaryn b. said...

Hello to you two from the two of us. I just showed Sam the pics of you two and Kyla and he said, "Oh. My. God!" He was dying. She looks so perfect and beautiful and all that crazy hair makes her look older than her years. Er...her minutes!

Sending love,
a & s

Nanciellen said...

What a wonderful surprise to find this news awaiting me upon my return from Vegas yesterday... I am so thrilled for you both and can't wait to meet your new little girl -- whose name I believe I guessed correctly (!!) when you were here in NYC with me last month... I love it! Best wishes to the entire family, travel safely home and I look forward to more updates from the new parents. She is just beautiful!
xo nu

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

*huge grin*
Awesome, guys!